Thursday, June 24, 2010

Patience

As a homeschooling mom (or any form of mom) and cancer patient, I always seem to be praying for more patience. I have decided to stop. I have decided that to pray for patience is a very dangerous thing. When you pray for patience, God doesn't just wave His finger and "poof" you have more. Noooo, when you pray to have more patience, God gives you a chance to practice (and another chance, and another....). I know He is God and He knows best about how to transform my character, BUT I am not praying for this particular transformation anymore!!!

Why the sudden rant this afternoon? I am tired. Tired physically, of course, that is a constant in my life. But, really I am tired of being patient with myself. I miss energy, I miss my life, I miss running around all summer with my kids. As much as I am trying to have patience with myself and the healing process, I am so over it. I am done with patience. I don't want to practice anymore. I do realize I am a very slow learner when it comes to patience - why else would I have had so many wonderful opportunities to practice??

So when you pray for me this week--pray for energy, pray for strength, pray for healing, but please don't pray for me to get more patience. I don't want anymore practice. However, if you want to put in a special request for the magic poofing kind of patience, I can always take more of that!!

" 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' " Isaiah 55:8-9

P.S. Just kidding. I can always use more patience, prayers, and practice. The real problem is, as my 3 year old friend Lily says, "I don't want to like it."

1 comment:

  1. You've got it -- no more praying for patience from me. Praying for patience still doesn't work for me either.

    ReplyDelete