Sunday, May 9, 2010

Progress

I had a much better week this week. Several things happened that make me know I am moving forward:
1. I smiled for real. Not the fake one I have been showing for months, but an actual, face is a representation of what I am feeling on the inside, smile.
2. I stayed out late. We went to the Spurs game, compliments of a sweet friend (thanks!), that didn't even start until after my normal bedtime. I made it all the way to through the 3rd quarter. Big progress. This was also the first time in a long time that Paul and I have been out at night past 8:30. A big step!
3. I wore a bra, for most of the day. I have been braless since the beginning of my radiation in February so this was a milestone.

Now the bad news, after days of smiling, yesterday I felt the hormone monster start to rear its ugly head again. Today I am edgy and cranky, as in, watch out if you leave your sock on the floor cranky. I am headed to the oncologist later this week, so I will definitely be having a talk with him about this issue. Along with managing my hormonally challenged emotions, right now I am trying to take it easier on myself and not be upset if I need to rest or sit down. I just do it. No more fighting and crying because I am not better instantly. (Ok, so that last part goes up in the good news section, don't you think?)

Next week I am planning to get my chemo couch potato self back to exercising regularly. This may prove to be very challenging. Many of my muscles seem to have gone on vacation due to significant lack of use. Wish me luck!

"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven...a time to kill (cancer) and a time to heal...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:1,3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment