Friday, July 20, 2012

Post Script

After all of this, it took a long, long time for me to return to normal.  I kept saying "I think I am back.  Fully recovered."  Not so.  Inside my body there was a war going on between the estrogen suppressing drugs and my body's own hormones.  I was hot, tired, irritable, you name it.  Finally in August of 2011, my uterus (or as the boys now call it, the organ that shall not be named) broke for good.  I started bleeding and it did not stop.  After lots of doctor visits and super fun tests, I finally convinced the docs that the darn thing just needed to come out.  In January of 2012, I had a full hysterectomy. Bye, Bye Uterus.  Bye, Bye Ovaries.  Bye, Bye Drugs to Suppress Hormones.  Bye, Bye Drugs to Help with the Side Effects of the Other Drugs.  Ugh!

My recovery was almost immediate.  No more crazy hormones and no more drugs made me feel better immediately.  Really better.  Back to myself.  By the spring of 2012, people were coming up to me and saying, "Wow, you look good.  Did you do something different with your hair?"  Nope, it is the flush of health returning to my face.  Apparently you can see it, because many, many people noticed. 

So I am finally back from a long, dark journey.  It has changed all of us profoundly.  The only thing left to say is God's ways are not our ways.  We do not always understand.  But God is always faithful.  He is always good.  He holds us in the palm of His hand and never lets. go. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That really brings things full circle. I had been thinking about you and was going to check with your mom. You are right about God's ways and that He does hold you in the palm of His hand. What a blessing you have been given.

    ReplyDelete