We had a bit on an usual week. Ben, then Andrew, got some nasty stomach bug. Paul patiently cleaned up after the boys so, of course, he got it too. Thankfully, I never did. Also, in Missouri, Mom seemed to be suffering from the same thing. So, I had a few anxious moments wondering what I was going to do if both my caregivers were down. They both recovered quickly. Mom hopped on the plane and today they are both here ready to nurse me back to health.
After tomorrow, I will be half way done with my chemo. Tomorrow will be the last of the really bad drug cocktails. Usually at this point on Thursday, I am a bit of wreck. Today I am more calm than usual. I am ready to get this over with and keep moving forward.
Please keep on praying that the chemo is working. There is actually no way to tell. The doctor just whams me with enough medicine that he believes will kill the cancer but not so much that it will kill me first. After that, he declares me cured. That is some treatment plan, huh?
Thanks to all of you who sent cards, gifts, and food this this week. We are constantly overwhelmed to be blessed with such caring friends and neighbors.
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Halfway...Wahoo! It is always good to see progress.
ReplyDeleteYou have been on my mind even more than usual because the GRLS program is doing breast cancer awareness month. We wear pink on Fridays and I have a picture of you and a big sign that says Iwear pink for Cara. We had a speaker come to school. She is the mother of one of our staff who lost her younger daughter to breast cancer at only age 25. T-he girls really thought this was an "old lady" disease. I said "No way! My sister is not an old lady!" I put up your picture then and they wondered how come you still had your hair. I pulled up the blog and showed them the one without much. We then had to talk about how you lose ALL of your hair. That freaked them out ;)
As alays we pray for you and we miss you. We wish that we could be closer, but trust that your mom is hugging you for all of us. Keep fighting!
Chelle