Since I am feeling much better (and happier!) this week and have no fascinating cancer story to share with you, I though I would tell you a story about Ben. Last week his Bible cover ripped, so he asked for a new one. I produced what I thought was a perfectly acceptable brown leather one. The cover had no decoration, nothing but plain, brown leather. Ben said it was "too feminine". Of course, I did not quite understand that. Upon further questioning Ben declared, "Mom, you just have to be masculine to see the femininity in it." OK, he had me there. His new Bible cover is camouflage and so masculine even I can see the masculinity oozing from it.
"Train a child in the way he should go , and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too funny!
ReplyDeleteFunny, funny. Leave it to Ben. Boy, does he have a lot to learn about woman yet. (Thank goodness.)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, do we know why a brown leather covered Bible is feminine? Or will we never know because we are not masculine?
ReplyDelete