Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chemo Room

I took these pictures so the kids could see what happened when I had chemo, but so many of you have asked me about it so I put them up for you to see too. These will definitely not be going in the photo album.


This is me in chemo chair. It is a big open room and there are about four chairs in each area. I don't look too happy, but isn't my "picnic hat" cute?



This is my port at work.



Here I am wearing the cold gloves. I am zoning out listening to the awesome play list my friend Annette gave me for my I-pod. Thanks Annette, I am actually looking forward to listening some more tomorrow.


We get to do it all again tomorrow.


I saw the doctor today. He was very encouraging. I think he was more concerned about the last set of test results than he let on because now I don't have to see him again for four weeks instead of two. Hooray!!
I am handling the new meds pretty well. No major side effect except a few days of aching back. The doc gave me some new pain killers for that today, so now I'm all set. That prescription makes drug number 15 that I take regularly. Yikes!
"Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years my groaning my strength fails because of my affliction.... But I trust in you, O Lord, I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in you hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me." Psalm 31:9-10,14-15


1 comment: