Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a great week and are able to celebrate the many blessings your lives. We are going to celebrate with my family. Mom and Dad are already here and tonight we are expecting the arrival of my brother and his family from Iowa. They are going to be with us for a week. They are taking a little vacation from the cold weather and we are taking a vacation from our intense life. It will be a rare treat for all of us to have time to spend together, as our visits with each other are frequently short and harried.
Speaking of harried... surprisingly, my hair has started to grow back. We thought it would fall out again once the new drug attacked it, but that does not seem to be the case. Right now, I am sporting a very short crew cut of baby fine hair. I am looking forward to the new hair that I am going to get. Kind of a "do over", no processing, no coloring, no damage, just real fresh hair. I am not looking forward to having to start shaving my legs again.
We are going to have an interesting time at chemo this week. My doctor's office is closed on Thursday and Friday, so I will have to go to the hospital and be admitted to have the chemo administered. I am praying that this will go smoothly and quickly (OK, quickly is a long shot, nothing in the hospital is ever done quickly).
I am fighting back pain several days a week with as a side effect of the chemo drug. The doctor prescribed for a me drug that did not work and then followed with a steroid that keeps me awake. I have chosen to fight the pain with lots of baths and yoga. Both of which work as well as the drugs and have the added benefit of helping me to sleep.
Praying that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We count your friendship and love among our blessings.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy." Philippians 1:3-4
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment