My chemo went well on Friday. The actual administration of the drug was difficult due to the cold mittens and socks. My hand were freezing and I was miserable for about twenty minutes until they went numb, then thanks to that large dose of Benadryl, I was able to nap the rest of the time. Afterwards I was able to eat lunch (no nausea- yea!!) and then I took a big nap. I was pretty tired on Friday, but Saturday was able to run around like normal. This was much more tolerable than the last batch that knocked me flat for most of a week.
The only real effect I am feeling form this chemo is that I am so, so tired. I feel like I felt after Ben was born and he never, ever slept. I have just learned to function in that semi-tired, need a nap, mode all of the time. Truth is, I get plenty of naps and they only bring me back from can't more to very tired. Fatigue is, unfortunately, the one side effect of chemo that cannot be medicated.
We had another potential hiccup on Friday. The cancer marker number in my blood went drastically up in the results of my last blood test. I was at a normal level and, as of three weeks ago, am now significantly higher. This is a tricky number because it can mean good things (the chemo worked and some cancer cells were dropped into my blood), bad things (the cancer is growing somewhere in my body), or nothing (it is not a very reliable test). On Friday when I go in for my next chemo, we will be able to find out what the number was last week and talk to the doctor about what it means. We are praying for the number to go back down so we can assume good things were happening and the chemo is working.
Ben is picking out a game for us to play, so I'd better go do that.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment