Thursday, July 16, 2009

Old Habits

I am doing great today. Feel pretty good. The anesthesia fog has lifted. I am looking forward to getting this gross drain out of my pit. It may be a few more days, the problems that can arise from removing it too early are worse than the drain.
Paul has finally, very hesitantly, climbed back into bed with me at night. However, he is nervous about bumping my wounds, so we decided to switch sides of the bed. Turns out this is much easier to decide than to actually do. We have been married and sleeping this way for 16 years, so changing sides was much more problematic than just rearranging the nightstands. I'm sure we will get used to it, but for the time being, it just doesn't feel right. This is just one of the many ways we have to adapt to the ever changing circumstances in our life.
Love you all, Cara

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion" Psalm 103:1-4

1 comment:

  1. I understand the switching of sides difficulties. Atfter 30+ years of marriage I needed to switch sides because of some shoulder issues. I think it was more difficult to do than accepting the horrid pain I was having. Once I healed, I moved back to my normal spot. You will too! So glad to hear that you are doing so well. You are in my prayers daily!
    Robin (your mom's friend)

    ReplyDelete