Today I am wearing a bra!! Ok, half of you probably are wearing one too and thinking this is no big deal. Let me tell you. It is a very big deal. I put on a real (jogging) bra last night for the first time since I had surgery. I was positively giddy. It was more exciting than my first bra. My right boob that has been tagging along untethered for a week breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Everything feels good and my shoulder is coming back to life...slowly, so slowly. I am anxious for it to progress, but once again God is teaching me patience. I think I am a slow learner.
It has only been about six weeks since cancer entered our lives, but to us is feels like about three years. A lot of things that we were concerned about before just don't really matter at all to us now. For example, a couple of weeks ago our sweet puppy forgot to be sweet and chewed up the upholstery on a chair. We took one look at it, stapled an ugly paper file folder over the "wound" and there it sits. It is one of the first things you see when you enter our house. I'm sure we will get it fixed later. Right now we don't have the time or energy to care. When you have just spent the weekend, as we had, considering whether to have body parts surgically removed, or not (we chose not), a broken chair is totally insignificant. I wonder how much more stuff around our house will need to be fixed when this is all over. Not too worried about it.
Trying to take one day at a time and not to focus on a worry about what looms ahead (chemo and radiation). I my mind the treatment is 1/3 of the way complete. Hooray!!
"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own." Matthew 6:34
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God certainly does have a way of teaching us what is important and what is not. I think we are all slow learners in that regard. Keep the faith. I know you will. You are always in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete