Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Surgery Friday

After much running around the last few days, we have scheduled my surgery firmly for Friday at 11:00. I have to go before hand for a (gulp) needle localization of the spot to be removed. This spot has not yet been confirmed as cancerous or the source of the cancer. If fact, the biopsy was negative. However it is such a small (1cm), squishy spot, the doctors believe the biopsy may have missed and the spot still needs to be removed and examined. So I will have a partial mastectomy, all the lymph nodes removed from the infected area under my arm and a port put into my chest.

That's the medical stuff; now the important stuff. This afternoon, the nice man who did my chest x-ray reminded me that God wants us to ask for what we need and that I should pray specifically for perfect surgery. That is my prayer request to you. Perfect, flawless, successful surgery. Also, that we will be free from fear and worry (please include my family). And that I will recover quickly so I can start chemo as soon as possible.

Thanks for caring. We appreciate the notes and calls and prayers so much. Love, Cara

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He is will drive out your enemy before you saying, "Destroy him!" Deuteronomy 33:26-27

1 comment:

  1. Cara, I am not certain that we have ever met, but I have played with your boys at your mom's. Your mom and I taught together in Missouri, but we have also remained friends for a long time since. I know that your little family is very special and that your parents are extremely proud of all of you. I am praying for all you and believing in miracles. Cancer is not a word anyone wants to hear, but you seem to be standing up to it and fighting back. Hopefully with all the prayers and the real grace of God you will have a quick and awesome recovery. God bless you all! Love and Prayers to you and yours, Robin Hempel

    ReplyDelete