Well, ever since I wrote down and confessed what was making me crabby, God has given me a full court press of an attitude adjustment. He used my friend on the phone, my neighbor in my kitchen, Facebook, my BSF lesson, my daily devotional, my kids, church, songs, you name it, He used it. The message was this: you are going to have trouble, but choose to focus on my peace and my joy instead. I am going to take care of you. You can fight and be grumpy, but then the cancer wins. If you tackle it with joy and hold my hand, we win. So tomorrow, instead of crying when I am on the radiation table, I am going to let Jesus hold my hand and put His other hand over my heart to protect it from radiation and from fear. A good plan, don't you think?!
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SO WEIRD!! I just did a blog post on this very verse (but with a different spin of course)!!! http://theharrells.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletePraying for you sister!!
Sounds like a good plan to me!!!!!!
ReplyDelete