Chemo today went very well. Started the day with a little hiccup when I almost passed out as they accessed my port. Thankfully, the nurse correctly identified the look on my face and quickly put my head between my knees. After that, things went beautifully. I sat for my popsicle (actually ice chips this time) and then took a huge nap. Paul even had the chance to visit with a friend of ours who was there getting a treated for something else at the same time.
I feel very good. No nausea, although I am staying out of the kitchen while there is cooking. This is going to sound weird, but I am really energized and a little groggy from the Benedryl at the same time. I think I am just excited that I don't feel gross. I have to go get my shot tomorrow, but so far it is doing its job and keeping my white blood cell count high and healthy.
All I can say about this result is Yea God! Thanks for praying.
"But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do!" Psalm 73:28
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What, no popsicle???? Is your HMO cutting back?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTrying again - too many mistakes in my original post. Too late in the day to be blog reading let alone posting.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I was thinking about you throughout the day, and was glad to see both cars in the driveway when I got home from work. It was kind of a cancer day. A friend in Dallas is losing her 4 year old son to neuroblastoma after a 2 year battle. I found out this morning that it's just a matter of days. My heart breaks for her. And, Colin & Piper's 1st grade teacher in KC is just starting the battle. Her 18 month old daughter was diagnosed with neuroblastoma about 3 weeks ago, and they have yet to leave the hospital. They did surgery to put her internal shunt in today. So hard to understand why there is so much of this disease around.
Looks like the new neighbor across the street is from Missouri. We seem to be the Missouri corner. What's up with that? We'll be around all weekend. Please let me know if you need anything.
Betsy