Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ick

After the best chemo Saturday ever, I had the worst Sunday. For the first time, I started throwing up and feeling unbearably nauseous. This was new and completely frustrating. I spent most of the day Sunday curled into some version of fetal position just to ease my aching gut. Strangely, the thing that really seems to ease my symptoms is to eat. Taking the first bite of anything when you are nauseous is fabulously hard to do. The nausea lessened, but continued for most of the day on Monday. It seems to be a little better today.

Due to the nausea, I had to miss my Bible Study meeting on Monday morning. This was the first time I had to skip something I was committed to because I was just too sick and unable to go. So there I was sick, depressed and mad. I woke up Monday sicking out my lip and shaking my fist at God. This was actually the first time since I have had cancer that I have been truly mad at God. I was angry and really didn't want to get over it.

Right now I have to tell you that if you don't have one or two (or twenty) friends who will look you in the eye, tell you they are sorry for you, and then directly and immediately tell you to quit focusing on your own self and point your gaze back to God, you need to get some. Tomorrow you might need them. My women called, my women e-mailed. I bristled at it. I didn't really want to hear it. But, it went in. By Monday evening, I was no longer mad and shaking my fist. My heart was right and I was again in the position of feeling grateful to God for what He gives to me. I am assured that He has a purpose for everything in my life, even keeping me home on a Monday morning with a stomach ache.

This week my plan is to rest and heal (Yes, Mom I listened!). Mom has taken the boys home with her for the week. You should have seen the huge grins on their faces this morning as they headed for the airport. The only possible way to improve their trip would be if they could have packed the dog in their suitcase to go with them. I am certain that in the minds of my boys heaven is an exact replica of Mom and Dad's farm in Missouri.

Thanks for your words of encouragement and your prayers.

"I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment