Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tough Week

I entered this week hopeful that I would have a great, energetic week like the last time I had chemo. It was just not to be. Maybe I was trying to do too much, but I spent the week just being tired. The best comparison I can make to this how you feel after you bring a new baby home. You immediately become sleep deprived and tired all of the time, but you just keep on going even though you feel gross. That exactly describes my condition right now. I am not sure if it is caused by the surging hormones or by the cumulative toxicity of the chemo catching me, but either way it stinks.


I had another strange thing happen this week. I started feeling dizzy and like I was going to pass out at strange times. At the urging of my wise friend, I called the doctor. He was completely unconcerned about this and prescribed me some medicine to stabilize my inner ear. Right now you are thinking inner ear, huh? Yep, I guess this is not uncommon especially among women. Apparently, there are hair follicles in there. All of my hair follicles are irritated by the chemo, but when the set in the inner ear gets irrigated, it causes trouble with balance and dizziness. Another who knew?


I am hopeful now the mystery dizziness is solved that maybe my hormones will calm down and I can have a good week to come. I have chemo again next Friday. Mom will come back on Wednesday (hooray!) and then take the kids back to Missouri with her the following week. They are ready for a little vacation from their crabby mom and maybe I can catch up on my sleep with them gone. Really think that will happen???


I am so thankful we are homeschooling right now. It is really hard for me to keep up with the kids, but it also gives me a reason to slither out of bed in the morning. Also, since they are not in school, they are not bringing me home all kinds of germs every day. We do most of our work in the morning, and since they don't have homework, in the evening when I am really tired we don't have to argue about homework - oh, I mean I don't have to gently request of my children to obediently sit down and do their homework. In addition, we have the flexibly to send them to Grandma and Grandpa's for a week to give us all a break from the intensity of our life.

We hope all of you are having and great week and you fellow Texans are enjoying this amazing weather. Love to you all.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.' " Jeremiah 29:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment