Well, tomorrow is the day. The next phase to kill the cancer once and for all begins tomorrow. We have to go in, see the doctor, get blood tests, and then the actual chemo treatment will take three hours to administer. Paul and I haven't see each other all week, so this will give us a chance to catch up. Mom and Dad are here to stay with the kids.
Tonight, mom took me shopping for fabric to make some headwear that will match my clothes and some that just makes me laugh. I was a little freaked out at first, but now feel relived that I have something to put on immediately when I need it. She did some really good "mommying" tonight because I was uncertain and she insisted.
Thank for all of the calls and the prayers. We really appreciate every one. I have a new set of prayer requests for my chemo.
Please pray that God will direct the medicine to kill every single cancer cell in my body.
*That the chemo will only kill cancer cells and leave the good cells alone.
*That the side effects and the fatigue will be minimal.
*That we will have the help and support we need.
*That I will have loving and skill doctors and nurses.
*That the spirit of fear will be completely removed from all of us, including Paul, me, kids, Mom, Dad and Chris (my brother).
*That the kids will willingly assist with activities around the house.
*That God will be honored by everything we do and His glory will shine though us.
Thank you so much for loving us and joining us in prayer.
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, you received the Spirit of sonship." Romans 8:15
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cara-
ReplyDeleteWe got word of your blog and love your words. You are such a strong woman and will beat this! We are thinking and praying for you and your family every day. We would love to cook a mea(s) for you and your family, this weekend, next week? Please email (jccallaway@sbcglobal.net) or have Paul give us a call.
The Callaways