Monday, August 17, 2009

Sitting

Someone - you know who you are!! - said I was slacking on the updates. Sorry, so sorry. I have been a little busy. Busy sleeping and sitting and laying on the floor- really important stuff. The word that best describes me today is puny. I am ok, but just want to sit around and not do much else.

Mom and Dad left for Missouri today with the boys. (I am so happy that they are getting to enjoy a few days of really fun summer.) Then, I had lots of visitors this morning (thanks girls). After that, I took a giant nap. That seems to be my new normal- a good morning, big nap, puny afternoon, and then a little rally in the evening. This schedule will work ok for me. If I feel this way, I should be able to get in school and deal with the boys pretty effectively, even if I have to sleep for part of the afternoon. Funny, that sentence sounds like I actually have a choice about when I feel good or bad.

I am constantly pulling on my hair now. I am anticipating the inevitable falling out. I think I will feel much better when it is just gone. The nurse told me I should not even look for it to begin to grow back until about 6 months after treatment. Yep, that's next summer. Think of all the money we will save on hair spray and conditioner!

The only other side effect that is really bothering me is my new sensitivity to the sun. I love to be outside and now have to be very cautious about getting a sunburn. The nurse told me not to go outside without long sleeves and sunblock on. I kind of brushed her off and told her that I stayed in the shade. Ooops, she was right. I got a little burn on my chest yesterday from about 30 minutes in my pool in the shade. Therefore, I am a little nervous about going outside at all in this Texas sun for even a few minutes.

For the last few days, I have been overwhelmed with God's provision and protection of me. I know that this whole experience could have been much, much worse. I am up and walking around and the many, many side effects have been minimal. I have been warned that the second chemo can sometimes hit you harder, so I will be praying against that. In addition, I am still amazed (mostly I think because I am a slow learner), that God prompts one of you to send a note, call or come over at just the right time. Today I got the mail and there were four cards, but I needed every one. Each one spoke to me and help me in just the right way. Thanks for sending them.

Time to go back to my important job of sitting around. Love, Cara

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

1 comment:

  1. who in their right mind would accuse you of slacking!!!!?????

    ReplyDelete