We have a great weekend filled with friends, family and fun.
To the State Farm Folks - It was so good to see so many of you on Thursday night. Thanks for your words of love and encouragement.
To the Mansfield Girls - what an amazing gift to get to visit with you. Thanks for letting me crash your party. I really miss you. Come visit!
We spent the rest of the weekend with our cousins the Harberts from California. We had an incredible time just doing nothing together. As a bonus, we got to bring Ross home with us for an extra few days. We are all enjoying his company.
Now, about the chemo. Yes, it starts on Friday. My brother, Chris, called last night and he just sighed into the phone. That sigh exactly expressed how I feel. I have to do it. God put me in this position and He is going to hold my hand and take care of me the whole time.
What can you do? Come visit. Having something to look forward to really takes my mind off of counting the days until the next treatment. (Thanks, Linda, for being the excitement on next week's calendar.) Also, after this weekend, I can see that Paul really needs the distraction too. Our house will not be one bit cleaner than the cleaning ladies left it on their last visit and we will be delighted to offer you a nice glass of water. Please don't be offended if I have to sit down, go to bed early or even cancel. I still enjoyed the anticipation of you coming over.
Much love, Cara
"When you pass through the water, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk though the fire, you shall not be burned, no shall the flame scorch you." Isaiah 43:2
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I don't know if excitement is the right word for me!!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteYep, Friday is coming...that's a step in the right direction for getting you well!