Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School

We started school today. Much to my relief, it was a great day. It was Andrew's first day at home with us. Much to his surprise, his mother required learning and even a science lab on the very first day. We took the dog for a walk and practiced our Latin while we were out there. As we headed out the door Andrew said, "We can do that?" Ben and I just laughed.

Why is this fascinating info on the cancer blog? Because it has been no small source of concern for me (and some of you) as to whether I could do chemo and homeschool at the same time. It was an answered prayer and a great reassurance to me that today went so well. I am not delusional. All days will not be this easy, but it was a confidence builder to start on the right foot.

My new favorite verse paraphrase come from my friend Elissa and goes like this. I can do all things - like chemo and school at the same time - through Christ who strengths me. I am really going to need that strength, so glad I had it today.

Nap time for me. Much love, C

No comments:

Post a Comment