Writing a blog entry (or anything else) today is a little dangerous. Today is day four after my chemo and this is the day that I feel ... well frankly, like dirt. All day. Since I feel bad, I also tend to become a drama queen and view every little bump in the road at a giant, insurmountable mountain that will never, ever be conquered so the only solution must be lots of crying and whining. Not very attractive. Apparently this has become a bit of a habit because Paul just said, "Why are you always crying on this day?" (Please feel free to send him some nasty e-mails for this. My friend Diane threatened him for yelling at me, so thank goodness he did not go that far or he would be in real trouble!)
Anyway, I have lots of thoughts to share with you as we enter the last month of chemo. Even though it seems like we have come so far, one month still seems like very long to go. One month of summer vacation - short and wonderful - one month of chemo -- forever! I think I will leave it at that so I don't start whining and crying.
"I patiently waited for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cara,
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. Hope that you keep in mind the expression: "This too will pass."
On a lighter note, I was more than a little crotchity the other day. My ever-so-sweet husband looked at me and asked if I had PMS. I laughed so hard that I quickly regained my more positive outlook. I have not had that problem for over 10 years. =0)
you tell Paul he's gonna have to answer to me next time I call! :-)
ReplyDelete