Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Roller Coaster Head

Last night I had a bad case of "roller coaster head". This is when I feel dizzy and disoriented like I just got off of a really great roller coaster. It started at five, and by 6:30 forced me into bed for the night. Getting into bed with your PJ's on at 6:30 can be a little depressing. However, I have forced myself to embrace the resting this last week, so I willingly snuggled in for 13 hours of sleep. Roller coaster head is a symptom of my chemo that seems to be getting progressively worse (like everything else) especially on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Tomorrow is the last chemo. If it wasn't the last one, I am not sure I could make myself go. It will be a major hurdle crossed tomorrow and an even bigger hurdle after the illness has passed and I can get better again without getting knocked backwards every week. I anticipate that this week I will be the most weak and sick that I have been, especially on Sunday and Monday. So, please, please keep praying for us.

Tonight a sweet friend just prayed into my ear that I would to crawl up into my Father's lap and just let Him hug me and stroke my head until I feel better. That is the picture I am going to carry with me tomorrow. (Thank you for that prayer, T!) I used to do this all of the time with my Dad when I was little (and not so little). I felt so loved and safe on Dad's lap, even when I was too big to fit. Fortunately, my heavenly Father's lap is really big. There is room enough there for me and all of my luggage too. He doesn't even care that I don't have very much hair!

Thanks for your love and prayers. I can feel you lifting me up. I need it so much.

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently lead those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment