Despite my euphoria yesterday, today the body punishing reality that is chemo has hit me in the face. I am hurting, aching, and wincing to move. I am chanting my life raft Bible verse in my head just to stand up (Philippians 4:13). I know I am at the end. I know it is almost over, but the truth is it still hurts.
Also yesterday after chemo, Mom was coughing and not feeling well at all. I sent her off to the urgent care clinic thinking she had a sinus infection. Nope, no sinus infection. Pneumonia. That left me thinking, "Ok God,I trust you. But really? Seriously?" Thanks to some great medicine she is feeling much better today. I am trying to get her to rest so that she will heal completely and quickly. Trying is the operative word in that sentence.
Today I am also trying to put into action another of my favorite verses. (Thanks for reminding me of it Erin.) "Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.' " Exodus 14:13-14
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cara, your mom doesn't want you worrying about her, but she does want you to take care of yourself and get well. Tell her I am praying for both of you and for sunny, healthy days ahead.
ReplyDelete