Today both of the kids are running a fever, so there was no school. Mom is here cooking and doing laundry despite the fact that she has a temp too. So, I am in the unusual position of having nothing screaming in my head that I should be doing. I was able to take a blissful nap without fretting about who conquered their math problems and used proper grammar today. Incredibly liberating!
I am trying to rest, rest, rest and kick this cold before my final chemo on Thursday. The strange part is that I can't even remember how it feels to feel good. I know I used to be able to make it though the day without resting and carefully considering every activity, but I can't remember how it felt. I am looking forward renewed energy and health. I can't wait to get better and not have to anticipate getting sick again in the near future.
Also, I am almost ready to abandon wearing something on my head all of the time. I have quite a bit of squirrely "old man" hair, as I affectionately call it. However, I am just a little self conscious about this. The funny thing about it is that, in public, even with weirdly short hair people stare at you much less than when you have a hat on. The real benefit of going hatless is the feeling of the wind in my hair. You have no idea how exquisite this feeling is until you have not felt it for a few months.
Chemo has inflicted one final irritation upon me. The drug I am currently getting makes me break out. That effect, like all of the others, has gotten significantly worse lately. That means that now I look like a teenager in puberty - covered in zits. I guess this is just one more thing to look forward to getting rid of when I finish chemo.
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment